Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Chocolate Cheese Ball & The Hubs

Originally, that combination scared me, but after a little guidance (and only minimal yelling) The Hubs rocked our family Tapas Party with his take on Bonnie's (at House of Grace) recipe -- If you haven't seen her blog, you are so missing out. So many great ideas and an amazing sense of style -- okay, back to The Hubs baking adventure.

Our family loves food. We are usually together at least every weekend and of course we eat a lot. We also love any reason to have a party. So, years ago my mother-in-law-in-law (no that's not a typo, that is how I refer to my sister-in-law's mother) created the concept of our Tapas Holiday Party. Each person in the fam has to bring a dish they've never made before. Consider The Hubs doesn't spend a lot of time in the kitchen, I usually get nervous for him a few days before the party.

I try to give him a few simple options and Bonnie's Recipe was on the short list. Considering how much he loves cheese and sweet treats, this was a clear choice.

The ingredients.


 The Hubs <3



The Pups getting a peek. Really inappropriate doggy behavior, I'm aware. But, OMG he's so stinkin' cute.

I forgot to take a photo of it during it's original presentation, so you get to see the leftovers. I'm assuming there were leftovers because we were all so full on other food because this cheese ball was uh-maze-ing.


Even if this hadn't turned out as well as it did, spending time with The Hubs in the kitchen was great.

<3 dani

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, a link or some good old fashioned love.