I had framed a sprig of rosemary...not thinking that eventually it would dry out and all I would be left with was a twig...yeah, pretty in it's own right, but I could do better.
Luckily, I hoard a couple of things. Bottle caps are one of those things. A couple of years ago I made THESE awesome coasters using bottle caps and since then I've continued to collect caps with the hopes that one day I'd make more (ps -- if I hit 100 followers by April 15th, I will hold a giveaway for a set of those marvelous things). But there are more caps than I need for more coasters, so I came up with another use.
Here is the new piece of coaster art: (sorry for the poor photos. I'm using my iphone because I forgot my camera at work and there's no way in hell I'm entering the school over spring break to retrieve it -- pretty sure that's against the law or something)
It was originally this:
All I did was rummage through my cap collection.
Organize the caps within the matte and hot glue them down.
Re-hang and boom, done.
If you like the "S", check out that project HERE
I dig it.