Thursday, October 21, 2010

Breadsticks (and soup)

The soup part of this post is nonexistent. I made it and planned on sharing and it wasn't great. I'm pretty sure I didn't like the potatoes in it, so maybe I'll try it again without them. Then, if it's any good, I'll share.

The good news is that I made the most amazing, cheap, easy breadsticks EVAH!

You'll need:

1 tube of Buttermilk Biscuits (on sale for $1 - high five)
2-3 Tblspn of Butter
Smidge of Garlic Powder
Smidge of Italian Seasoning
Smidge of Salt

(ya like my precise measuring?)
Mix the last four ingredients together and set aside.

Split biscuits apart and begin to roll each biscuit into a snake. I imagine you could split the biscuits in half and have thinner sticks, but we died for the thick ones even if you only get eight per tube.

After they're in snake form, use a basting brush and lap on the butter concoction to each snake. Bake at 350 for about 10-12 mins. I continually checked mine to make sure they didn't burn and 12 mins. seemed perfect.

I'm not sure why I didn't take an after picture, probably because we gobbled them up so fast, but here's is what they looked like going into the oven.


Maybe someday I'll make a soup that doesn't fail. If any of you lovely readers have a good soup recipe, hook a sista up!

1 comment:

  1. Just the sound of it, it's so yumm-o! Thanks for the cheer, Sista! :)

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, a link or some good old fashioned love.