Sunday, October 24, 2010

Office Inspiration and Another 'Oops' Redesign

It's time to redesign our office. Not because it wasn't functional, but because I broke it. Yup, that's right. Tons of books scattered on the floor and a huge 'out-of-order' sign on the door. I'll get into details in just a sec, but first take a look at some of the photos that I'm using as inspiration for the redo.






Simple lines. Classic furniture. Clean, crisp colors. Loads of shelving. Now, I just have to figure out how to do this on a $30 budget...

On to the 'Oops' part of the story (I'm a good news first kinda girl).

Let me start by saying, I don't know what it is about cheap shelving and me, but we just don't get a long well. It's like, as soon as I get close to a cheap shelf, he freaks out, commits suicide and crumbles.

A few weeks ago, I demolished my craft area shelf by complete accident. If you missed that post, here it is. And Thursday, when I was still half-dying from my sinus infection, I got the urge to shift my bookshelf about four inches to center it on the wall. Guess what? I destroyed my bookshelf. Here's the carnage:


Note that I took all the books off the unit before attempting to move it and it stillll collapsed on me. Ugh.


Annnd left this nasty little hole in the wall.


It wasn't a total loss. Just as I did with the craft area cabinet, I took a hammer and made me some shelves. 

I wasn't really planning on redesigning the office, but I think the absence of a bookshelf certainly moved this project to the top of my list.

So, which inspiration photo do you love the most?


<3 dani


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, a link or some good old fashioned love.