Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What's in a Name?

I've been waiting to make this Burlap Name Meaning Sign (from Full of Great Ideas ) for quite a while. The waiting was mostly the result of not having burlap or a frame. And truthfully, I didn't know who I wanted to make one for.

I never did get any burlap and instead I put my used ground coffee on a piece of 8x11 cardstock, smeared it around and let it dry. Once it fully dried, I dusted the coffee off and here it is. Same rustic feel with a different texture. Dig it?


Next I found a website that gave detailed name explanations, copied and pasted what I wanted into Word, picked a rustic looking font and printed it out.


Then I framed 'em.


I could have made one for everyone in the family if I had realized how easy this was!

Also, for people with unusual names or spellings, these are great.

<3 dani

Linkin' Up

7 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful gift idea! I want to make one for all of us! Love the coffee ground effect. Thanks so much for sharing at the Gettin' Krafty With It party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are pretty awesome, Kat. I'm always happy to stop by your blog! Love it there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this concept. Well done. Especially now that they're framed.

    My Show n Tell Link---where it's kinda fodder for the National Enquirer Tabloids. Do stop by if you can, I'd love your opinion.

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations- I am giving you the Stylish Blogger Award!
    http://kraftykat76.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I found your blog at My Romatic Home. I love your name pictures and the way you colored your paper with coffee grounds, clever! I would like to invite you to post this over at my new link party, Masterpiece Monday, at my blog, Boogieboard Cottage. The link is already up. I hope you can join the party!

    Happy New Year,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Featured these cool name meaning frames tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!! I want to make them for my kids! Love the vintage look!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, a link or some good old fashioned love.